Monday, December 9, 2013

Tour De School

Today was the tour of the special needs school that we're looking into for Brandon. There are only 47 special needs children in the school, and it's two schools in one. A regular Catholic private school K-8, and the special needs Catholic private school K-8.
The student/teacher ratio is great. No more than 12 kids per teacher. Most classes have 5 children in them. Speech therapy has 1 - 3, depending on what they need in their IEP.

Everything about this school has been exactly what I was looking for. Only thing holding us back now is the financial part. Because we're late signing up, they'll only accept 50% of the scholarship. The tuition is $13,900 a year. So...that comes down to $535 a month. If we do financial aid, it'll go down to $267 a month. I'm sure we can find a way to squeeze it in. It's for his well-being.

I can't wait. His shadow-day is Wednesday. :) He gets to follow a fellow 3rd grader around for the entire day and see how he likes it. If he likes it, we can register him...which is $250. I'm not sure how we're going to come up with that, but I guess we have to.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment